This is basically all in one blog. You can find movie reviews and news, beauty hacks, product reviews, travel guidelines, inspirational posts, Do It Yourself (DIY) Projects and much more....

Powered by Blogger.

statistics

Created by

My Little World

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Why The Thai Movie "A Crazy Little Thing Called Love aka First Love" Is So Special



 I watched the Thai movie "A crazy Little Thing called Love" also known as "First Love" about 7 years back and ever since I was so much in love with the movie and the characters. Being an Indian, Thai movie was completely new to me - Neither did I know the language nor did I know the actors or anything related to the film. I was in my college and one of my friend suggested me to watch this movie. And guess what? I am happy that I did watch it. 



Coming from an Indian background, we have plenty of romantic comedy movies made every year, whether be it in Bollywood or in regional languages. So the genre of the movie was nothing new to me. But then what is the factor that makes this thai movie so special to me or to anyone who sees the movie.


Comedy - It has the perfect comedy timings. The performance by famous female comedian Tukky Budprom makes us laugh. I literally knew nothing about the language. So to entertain a foreigner or to make them laugh in a language they absolutely have no idea is something which is really difficult to achieve. I did not feel any language barrier while watching the movie. The expression by the actors spoke thousands of words, which were more than enough. Nam (Pimchanok Luevisetpaiboon) and her friends also gives us a good laugh. 



Reminds about your first love - “All of us have someone hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of that person, we feel like…there is a little pain inside but we still want to keep that person. Even though we don’t where that person is today, what that person is doing, but that person is the one who makes us know this… Crazy little thing called love."
Yes, this movie is full of nostalgia. About your first love, about how you effortlessly wished to win his/her heart. By ritually following the rules from a random book or showing out your best talent be it even cooking a mango cake.



Relatable - Like the tag line rightly says, its based on everybody's true story. Everyone has had a first crush, felt the pain of unrequited love, joy of uniting with your friends after a small fight, how we did crazy things just to impress our crush. Everything in the movie brings flashbacks in our mind and it is so relatable at every single shot.



The Confession Scene - This scene literally broke my heart. The scene is well crafted where Nam
Says “P’ Shone ka, I have something to tell you. I like you so much, been loving you for three years. I’ve done everything. Changed myself in every aspect because of you. Nam applied for a classical dancing club, played a stage drama, be a drum major, be better at studying. It’s for you. But I know for now that the thing that I should do the most and should have done a long time ago is telling you straight that I Love You. ” – Nam


To be very frank its very difficult to watch a foreign language. You have to concentrate on the visuals as well as the subtitles because otherwise you are not going to understand anything. And if still this scene has made me cry, then I give all the credits to the movie makers.

Scrap book scene - This scene is too cute and irresistible for any girl to watch. Seriously does any guy does this in real life. I doubt. This scene reveals how shone too had feelings for Nam and how he hide all those cute feelings within him for all this time. Its cuteness overloaded!!!





It showed love can overcome your fears - With the support of her three best friends, Nam revolutionizes herself, starting with her looks and activities to get him to notice her. First, she auditions for the lead role in the Drama Club’s Sleeping Beauty in order to be close to P'Shone who joins the arts department. Later, she is asked to be the drum major of the school’s marching band. Similarly Shone , he is often teased by some of his schoolmates because his father didn't score the penalty kick and made their province lose in a national football cup. In the name of love he has overcome the fear of giving a penalty kick at the school sports final. I liked the way Nam says that P'Shone has made her use the love in good way and how her love was actually the power that supported to be better and better.



Even after seven years if i still remember the essence of this movie and if I am still loving it, that means it has actually found a place in my heart forever.



Comment below what you thought about the movie and how much you loved the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express in the comment section what you thought about the post